Wednesday 11 September 2013

Vanguard Kitbashing

Ian here (the D3+1 Tau, Deathguard and Ultramarine player).

Obviously we'll be covering the new Space Marines release a lot in up coming videos and I've got some new models to play with. I picked up the new Vanguard box without any intention of using them for anything other than a collection of wonderful bits to pillage for other uses and I thought I'd show off some stuff I've done with it.

Here's something basic to start with. I used the Relic Blade and one of the Storm Shields from the box and did some surgery on the sergeant from the Space Marine Command Squad box to create a custom Chapter Master I plan to use sometime soonish (armed with the Burning Blade and the Shield Eternal).

As for the bodies of the Vanguard marines themselves I decided to turn them into Honour Guard. For those that don't know - the only official Honour Guard models for marines are the Ultramarine themed ones that come in the box with Calgar. If you want to field a lot of them (which is something else I want to try) you kind of have to fend for yourself. So here we have the Vanguards transformed into Honour Guard using some spare power wepaons and backpacks I had in my bits collection. The Company Champion is using a Thunder Hammer from the Vanguard box.


No comments:

Post a Comment